Make money with affiliate programs
If you want to start earning money with a website and you do not have your own products or services that you can offer, then you can use affiliate programs to display banners and text links on your own website and make money from them.
The easiest way is via so-called affiliate program networks . These are companies (they become advertisers or merchants
You yourself ( publisher or affiliate , who is always the one who recommends products and thus earns something) can log in to these portals with his website .
Once you have done that, you can apply for individual partner programs, different companies.
If your own page then accepted (which may take up to 2-3 weeks), you can from this time z. B. banner ads or text links from the partner network on their own homepage.
You then receive a fee (also known as a commission) if someone has bought something from their own banner or text link at the respective company.
Some affiliate program networks, such as B. Superclix, require only a single sign-on. After the single sign-up you will get immediate access to almost all partner programs of this partner network.
That’s how you get paid
When applying for products through a affiliate program, you will be paid for one of these 3 models or a combination of these 3 models:
- Payment per click on the displayed advertising material
Compensation usually 0.05-0.50 € per click
- Payment per performed action on the advertised website.
The forwarded visitor subscribes z. B. a newsletter or requests more information, z. Eg an insurance comparison
fee usually 0.50-10.00 € per interaction
- Payment per sale
The redirected visitor buys a product on the advertised website.
Provison usually 3-75% of net sales.
3-10% mostly for physical products
30-75% common for digital info products
All basic information about Affiliate Marketing can be found here in the FAQ section
Tips to make money
Targeted, forwarded visitors bring the turnover
The recommendation of a product will pay off only if the visitors of a website are also interested in the topic of the affiliate product.
So it does not matter if you run a website with information on migratory birds and then a partner program for cheap prepaid mobile discounters on it switches.
One can imagine the use of affiliate programs, such as further information for visitors to their own website. On the own website there is good information on this topic. And on the linked page, the visitor can then, suitably, acquire something.
If you follow this approach and your own website has regular visitors (> 30 visitors / day should be at least), you will drive well with the application of a partner program.
What’s left over?
This varies greatly, depending on how your own website content and visually designed (also based on the expectations of your target audience). As a rule, only a few percent (0.5-2%) of all site visitors click on inserted banners and text links.
For comparison: A free newsletter is subscribed to on average by 5-20% of all visitors. A recommended product will buy only about 0.2-3% of all website visitors who have been redirected to an offer.
Admission criteria to be approved for your desired partner program
Certain minimum standards should be adhered to by the website in order to be accepted as an advertising partner by the networks. Some providers consider each applicant individually who wants to promote a particular affiliate program.
The following information is considered a minimum standard:
- The website contains a proper imprint
- There is no illegal content
- The website does not contain any erotic content
- The website does not represent any views of marginalized political groups (eg right-wing extremist scene)
Individual restrictions will be shown once again when applying for a partner program.
TOP platforms for affiliate programs at a glance
- Very many well-known, big companies
- mainly pay-per-lead and pay-per-sale programs
- Advertising formats: text links, banners, popups
- Another similar sized affiliate program like Zanox.
- Renowned partners like: ADAC, myHammer, 1 & 1, United-Domains and Yello-Strom.
- most commonly pay-per-lead & per-sale programs
- Advertising formats: text links, banners
- Choice of over 700 affiliate programs
- after a single registration with the operator one can use most of the partner programs immediately without additional application.
- Advertising formats: text links, banners
- Sign up, embed code, earn money – Superclix is a very easy-to-use affiliate program.
Other affiliate program networks
- € 5.00 starting credit upon registration
- Advertising formats: Textlink, Banner, PopUp, PopUnder
- Available affiliate programs,
e.g. GameDuell, Paysafecard, Klarmobil, Base
Amazon affiliate program
- You can all the offers of the Amazon homepage
- You get a commission (1-10%, depending on the item category ) per product sold.
- Discotel (10-30 € per sale)
- MyDruckportal.de (5 € per lead)
- Winterreifen.net (10 € per lead)
A lot of different categories, for example:
- Information, information
- Family & child
- earn money
- Mobile and communication
- Books, movies, music
- Lifetime commission
- newspapers and magazines
Very many advertising partners to the categories:
- and internet
Belboon / Adbutler
Here you will find affiliate programs matching the following categories:
- Mobile / Telecommunication
- Car and traffic
- Business, Commerce, Finance
- Internet, games
eBay affiliate program
- Sign up here to promote products on eBay (banners, text links)
- TradeDoubler offers z. For example, the Apple & iTunes Affiliate Program.
If yes, just write a comment below the article. Every (even stupid) question is answered.