Theme Check (Added Value Series – Part 5)
It’s about the questions:
- Is it worth it to operate a website on a specific topic?
- What questions does a website have to answer to the reader?
- How do you find out if product sales are worthwhile for a topic?
- How do you present products on your website?
There are basically 2 ways to earn money with a website.
Basically? Why “basically”?
I limit myself here to 2 simple options for beginners.
- Set up websites for customers
- Build and maintain web projects
- Buy domains and resell
The 2 possibilities in detail
1.High quality, free content
This is about reporting on topics. To explain something. To give advice.
In addition to the content, advertisements for products are displayed.
This earning opportunity is known as affiliate marketing.
- Recommended article:
Frequently asked questions about Affiliate Marketing .
This means: It recommends its readers foreign products and when you buy one of them, you get a commission.
Through the affiliate program search of 100Partnerprogramme you can find out about which products and product groups there are all affiliate programs via the integrated search function.
You choose a search term (keyword) to which you want to create a website. The Google Keyword Planner shows the number of monthly searches for a search term.
Detailed search for keywords using a keyword tool:
(called keyword research)
|Main keyword :|
|Slimming on the stomach||18,100||78|
|Keyword suggestions :|
|Losing weight on the stomach for free||590||42|
|Losing belly away||480||71|
|Slimming on the stomach||390||60|
|Slimming on the stomach and hips||320||69|
|Lose weight on the stomach||320||53|
|Slimming on the stomach man||260||34|
|Slimming on the belly men||260||34|
|Slimming on the stomach and thighs||210||62|
|Slimming belly legs buttocks||140||53|
- The monthly search queries should be between 500 and 2,500 for niche pages.
- For lower-competition keywords, it’s easier to reach the top of search engine rankings.
- Search queries are added up to the year. If there are only 10-50 requests for keywords, it can be seasonal. (eg with winter sports articles)
If there are fewer than 5 results for the search term you are looking for, a) If partner search has less than 5 hits, b) In the Google search on the right side there are fewer than 2 ads, it is less likely that this topic will make money.
As a beginner in online marketing with a low budget you will first create the content for your own page. Therefore, right at the beginning a few important tips.
- Writing solution-oriented content :
Visitors are on the website because they are looking for a solution to their problem.
- Tip to write the first 10 posts:
A good idea is to write 10 articles on each of the 10 most common questions and ambiguities of the respective target group.
- Writing style:
Orientation can be found on websites that have a good ranking for relevant keywords.
- Article recommendation for a better visibility in the search results:
How to optimize the contents of his website for the search engines.
This question should be answered in the title.
The headline decides whether the visitor continues to read or leaves the site directly.
What touches visitors emotionally?
In addition, you should show appealing images on the page, depending on which emotions you want to arouse the reader.
The more sources of stimulation (after enhancement: text, image, audio language, video) exist, the easier it is to attract the other person.
Too many stimuli can distract you, so use it sparingly and consciously and do not overdo it.
Sources of high-quality images, photos and graphics:
- Why spend money on pictures and not use free portals?With free pictures one receives no proof over the right of use. Everyone can publish pictures and licenses can change. You can be warned.
With paid pictures one receives a use license and is thus legally secured.
Which steps lead the visitor from his problem to the solution?
That’s what the article’s text is about.
- The body text should be structured with subheadings.
- Sufficient paragraphs facilitate the reading flow. (Use generously)
- The writing style depends on the target group.
(see also: The choice of writing style )
Google Search easily finds texts written for your target audience. This gives you a first orientation on how to write the lyrics yourself. Also note the presentation of the contents.
As an alternative to the pure text offer video contributions. These can be uploaded to video platforms such as YouTube and Vimeo and integrated on their own website.
- Content Recommendation:
The 4 Most Popular Video Hosters Compared
Infographics are also good. They like to link and you can suggest other website operators to post them on their website.
This not only increases the awareness and reach of the site, but also brings a valuable backlink.
The second option is to sell products such as an e-book or an online video course through their own website.
To make it easier to find interested parties for its products, you should run an information page parallel to the sales process, eg. For example, a blog.
In this way, one constantly receives visitors for his side and at the same time proves that one is an expert in this field. Someone who knows what he’s talking about. Everyone can see it for themselves based on the quality and depth of the freely published content.
Determine the demand
How do you find out if your own e-books, video courses, seminars and online memberships can be sold on a topic?
There are 4 options:
How many books have been published on a topic. One should also take a look at the selling prices.
I have already mentioned it in the 4th part of the article series:
3. The digital marketplaces Clickbank, Digistore24 and Affilicon go through and look at which topics there are which types of products (e-books, video courses, software, seminars, membership subscriptions) and how much this requires becomes.
Here are the links:
Compare seminar and webinar offers
If you prefer to organize seminars (participation on site) or webinars (participation from anywhere on the PC) instead of your own product, you can search appropriate portals for suitable offers.
For webinars :
If you already find links to the products offered on the first 3 search result pages, there is much to suggest that your own product could also be sold.
Again, a look at the prices is recommended. This gives you a guideline for pricing later.
To come to content for your own product
In many cases, you yourself are not capable of creating content in sufficient quality. Unless you are a specialist in his field and can draw on many years of experience.
Own expertise is also not required.
4 ways to use expert knowledge elsewhere:
You do not write the content yourself, but have it done by a ghostwriter. Please note the following:
- Determine as precisely as possible how the texts should be written.
→ Which target group will read the text later?
→ How are the readers addressed – by you or by you?
→ Long sentences in jargon? Easy to understand, short sentences?
→ Use of many technical terms? Also understandable for laymen?
→ Tip: Send the author a sample text for orientation.
- How extensive should the texts be written?
→ How many pages should the text contain? How many pages per chapter?
→ How deep should the contents go into detail?
- The cost of an e-book is in the low 4-digit range.
- When placing an order mentions that the content should be used for an e-book, this will raise the price expectations of ghostwriters on outsourcing platforms.
German-language outsourcing platforms
English-language outsourcing platforms
One markets the contents of an author on the Internet who currently only sells his books in physical form.
The advantage here is that the content is guaranteed to be high quality. You can also name existing customer opinions or references.
From a book you create z. As an online video course or member page and involved the author in the percentage of profit.
You buy freely usable material. PLR stands for Private Label Rights.
The contents of it can be used arbitrarily. From this create an e-book, wrap the information in a presentation, record it by screen capture and sell it as a video course.
- There are also 2 other licensing forms. Reseller and Master Reseller Rights. What the differences are, I explain in this article .
- Further article recommendation:
How to record presentations via screen-capture programs and what should be considered.
Selling something under “White Labeling” means to sell foreign products or services under a different name as their own products. In the jargon one speaks also of the “selling of white labeling rights”.
In addition to a single payment to the licensor, you can also agree on a sales or profit sharing. Otherwise, only a few authors will be willing to pass on such rights to one. An alternative to profit sharing is an annual license fee.
How to present your product
The product presentation decides whether it is bought or becomes the “warehouse keeper”.
Why is the presentation so important?
The actual contents of a product can only be seen once you have bought it. The packaging is crucial, if you buy. The content comes only afterwards.
For the design of the sales side one can look a lot off his competitors. In this way, you can design even without many years of layout experience, a first appealing page design.
Sales pages are structured according to the AIDA principle
The attention of the customer is stimulated.
The interest of the customer is excited. He is interested in the product.
The desire for the product is awakened. The ownership request is triggered.
The customer now absolutely wants the product and buys it.
- Product recommendations:
– Detailed description of the AIDA formula with 20 implementation tips
– The top 10 reasons why sales pages do not convert
5 noteworthy points
Online marketers focus on the following points most often when it comes to product sales.
Using a descriptive heading
- Advantageous, goal-oriented – in a nutshell – without filler words.
- Also understandable alone, without having to read other text elements on the page.
- Free of technical terms, easy to understand for everyone.
- Focused on customer benefit.
- Article recommendation:
There are many good headline templates in the article, showing how to achieve high opening rates in email marketing.
Gain the trust of the target group
- Bring controversial truths to light.
- Getting into trouble with the message,
“I know how you’re doing, I felt the same way, I understand you.”
- Demonstrate the consequences if the problem remains unresolved.
(Describe how one feels when nothing changes for the better)
To direct perception to one’s own product
- Present the problem solution with the message:
“I want to help you.” or “That helped me.”
- Explain what constitutes the value of
your own product: → Name customer benefits
→ Identify unique selling
→ Customer opinions and references as evidence → Short video feedback from satisfied customers
- Addressing issues with the message,
“I know how you are. I felt the same way, I understand you.”
- Demonstrate the consequences if the problem remains unresolved.
(Describe how one feels when nothing changes for the better)
The use of shortages
Message: “That’s why you should buy now, not later.”
- Offer limited time discounts.
- Limited special offers by expiring timers. If this has expired, the normal price applies again.
- Adhere to the shortages and do not use it as a pretext. Otherwise, it damages the customer relationship in the long term. You want to sell today, but your customer has to take you seriously tomorrow.
The final PS
- After all has been said, the PS renames the biggest customer benefit at the end of the page and also contains the call to action to buy again.
- Some customers do not read the website. They scan all content and scroll down to the bottom. The “PS” reminds them why they are actually here and why it is worth buying the product.
Even very long newsletters should at the end again contain a “PS”.
Who observes these 5 points, makes many things right.
In the 6th part of the added value series we take care of the technology. I introduce easy and fast ways to get your first website online.
A short word before I conclude:
The very first own online project has never made anyone fast rich.
It should be considered as a first step. You will learn, get better and at some point you will have made it. Built a thriving online business.
- Stay tuned. Do something for it every day. Take 1-2 days off per week.
- Never give up. Survive long periods of drought. Special at first.
- Just start and never stop. Then it works too.